15IT102 PROGRAM DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT & LAB
John Blesswin A [Staff Room No. UB1113]
SRM University, Chennai
Creative thinking and problem solving skills Visualisation and Memory - Problem Solving Concepts ;- Problem Solving in everyday life; - Types of Problems - Problem solving Concept for Computers; - Algorithms and Flowcharts - Programming Concepts; Preprocessing, Compilation, Assembling and Linking.
Unit1 Materials.pdf | Sample_C_Programs.pdf
Structure of C program, constants, variables, Data types - Operators ; Evaluation of Expressions; Precedence of Operators and associativity - Mathematical Functions and Managing I/O operations - Decision making and branching structures ;IF statement and its variants, Switch statement ; break statement - Decision making and Looping structures ; For loop, While statement, do while statement; Continue statement
User defined functions and its elements - Function call - Function definition - Return values and its types - Types of functions - Scope and Visibility of variables in functions - Calling functions within other functions - Recursion
Arrays: Single Dimension , Multi-dimension, Dynamic Arrays - Character arrays and strings - String handling functions - Structures and Unions ; Defining a Structure, Declaring . Structure Objects, Array of Structures, Nested Structures - Functions and Structures
Pointers and Indirection, Defining a Pointer Variable, Pointers in Expressions - Operations Pointers : Arithmetic Operations , Relational Operations - Array of Pointers : character strings - Passing Pointers to functions - Pointers to structures
Video Assignment Topics
Group 1 : Mathematical Functions & Calling functions within other functions
Group 2 : Algorithms and Flowcharts & Structure Objects
Group 3 : Decision making and Looping structures & Problem Solving Concepts
Group 4 : Decision making and branching structures & Function Call and return
Group 5 : Recursion & Structure of C program, constants, variables, Data types
Group 6 : Types of Functions & Dynamic Arrays
Group 7 : String handling functions & Nested Structures
Group 8 : Arrays with Types & Unions
Group 9 : Pointers to structures & Array of Pointers
Group 10 : Array of Structures & Passing Pointers to functions
Contents of the video (minimum duration 5 min)
5. Example Program with I/O
Download GCC Compiler : 1. Windows Link 2. Mac OSX Link
a) Write a C program to get value from the user and display the same.
b) Write a C program to perform any arithmetic operation and display the result.
c) Write a C program to find simple interest and display the amount.
d) Write a C program to find whether a number is positive or negative.
e) Write a C program to find whether a number is odd or even.
1) Write a C program to swap two integer variables without using third variable.
2) Write a C program to find greatest among three numbers using if and conditional/ternary operator.
3) Decision making – Branching
a. Code a program to display a Pattern of user's choice.
b. Demonstrate the Use of Switch...Case statements by Counting number of vowels and digits in a given string
4) Decision making - Looping
a. Code a program to find the Sum of digits in a given numerical value.
b. Design a program to Generate a list of prime numbers from a given range
c. Generate Fibonacci Series for a given value through a program.
5) Given a number find the factorial of the same using a c program.
6) Through a C program demonstrate the use of static variable.
7) Write separate C program to perform matrix addition and multiplication and transpose (if u can try them in a single block)
8) Using a C program - Check whether the number is same even it is reversed (Palindrome)
9) Using a C program - Check for duplication in a given string and eliminate the same.
10) Sorting a list of items stored in the form of array, use a c program to create array and store elements in the same.
11) Through a C program demonstrate the use of user – defined data types using structure .
12) Basic programs to demonstrate: declaration and usage of pointers, through C program.
13) Display the sum of given list of array elements, elements are to be accessed through pointers using a C Code.
14) Sort a list of array of strings using pointers: use a program coded in C language.
15) Calculate the mean and standard deviation for a given list of values through C program along with pointers concept.